It's that time of year again -- time to renew your League membership!
Thank you for your past support and for renewing today so we can continue to have the impact you've come to expect from the League!
Our League was very active in 2014-15, providing a range of programs and services for the community especially around the election. These included
- candidate forums for the 1st US Congressional district, the 104th State House primary, a combined 37th State Senate and 104th State House; and
- forum on Proposal 1on the May 5 ballot; and
- public programs on fracking (Benzie Unit), clean water, and carbon emissions; and
- voter registration at Northwestern Michigan College and Great Start; and
- hosting the League of Women Voters Lake Michigan Interleague convention.
We need your renewed membership now to ensure that we can accomplish our ambitious schedule of activities in the coming year. We continue to hold our individual dues at $60 and household dues at $90 annually, to encourage maximum participation from the community.
In this time of heightened partisanship, gridlock between policy makers and increased frustration among the public, there has never been a more urgent need for the reasoned, factual and civil voice the League of Women Voters brings to our community. As a member, you are a crucial part of our non-partisan, hands-on work to safeguard democracy and create lasting change.
Thank you for your continued commitment to the League of Women Voters.